Western States Tuition Agreement

It depends, but here`s an example: If the tuition at the “Best Western University” you enroll in is $10,000, your WUE rate is $15,000 ($10,000 x $1.5). If you paid the full non-resident interest rate, you would pay $20,000, which would save you $5,000 ($20,000 to $15,000) per year. Please note that this is only an illustration. Check directly with your enrollment institution to see what the tuition fees are for your place of residence to calculate your WUE rate. In the last school year, more than 26,700 students saved $210.8 million by enrolling through WUE. If you reside in a WICHE state or territory, you can claim a reduced rate of 150% of residents` tuition. You can learn more about how this program works at CU Denver through undergraduate admissions. The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) is an agreement between WICHE`s 16 member states and territories through which more than 160 participating public colleges and universities save Western students high tuition fees for non-residents. Many states have programs that allow residents to go to college in another state without having to pay extrastate tuition. Check with your state or universities that interest you for available study exchange or reciprocity programs and ask how to enroll.

FAFSA is generally not required for these programs. For example, the University of Hawai`i Manoa does not have a separate application, but it will inform you in your admission letter if you are qualified for WUE. If you think you`re eligible but have received regular out-of-state tuition, you can contact them through your WUE status, but this may be due to one of the following exclusions: WUE or the Western Undergraduate Exchange program is a program in which residents of Western states (with the exception of Arizona) can enroll in certain ASU degree programs at a rate of 150% of resident core studies. There are over 100 ASU WUE degrees to choose from at ASU`s downtown Phoenix, Polytechnic and West campuses. Once you are a student at CU Denver, you must maintain your residency in your home state in order to continue to be eligible for WICHE`s reduced tuition. The Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) helps higher education systems in the western United States share their resources, including reciprocity of tuition fees. WUE (pronounced woo-wee!) allows students outside the state to receive a significant study discount; You often pay no more than 150% of the state`s tuition, compared to regular extra-state tuition fees, which can be 300% of the state rate. .